Premium Sound Solutions (PSS) is a leading global provider with broad expertise in innovative sound solutions for the global automotive and consumer sectors. We are a sustainable company that strives for a good work-life balance, invests in training and values integrity, teamwork, sustainable innovation and leadership by excellence. Premium Sound Solutions employs more than 3500 people in product development and state-of-the-art production facilities. You will find R&D departments in Belgium, China and offices and production facilities in Belgium (Dendermonde), Germany, Hungary, Malaysia, China, USA and Mexico. For our site in Dendermonde, we are looking for a Global Purchasing Operation Manager.
What will you do for us?
The role of a Global Purchasing Operation Manager is to transform and design globally uniform, efficient, and effective processes, system and practices for global purchasing operation. He/she will be ensuring the delivery of business outcomes through a structured approach to problem-solving, leveraging lean techniques, and data analyses.
This role also brings outstanding controlling skills in analysis, critical thinking, conflict management, and risk management. You will work across the organization (including Commodity Management, Purchasing Project Management and Indirect Purchasing) and cooperate closely with stakeholders especially for finance, quality, R&D, supply management and IT to ensure upstream and downstream impacts are identified, communicated, and aligned. You will be responsible for defining standard operating procedures across the global organization.
- Inform the members of the Purchasing Leadership team of task accomplishments, report issues and status of individual or groups projects.
- Develop and maintain established relationships with all companywide stakeholders
- Assist to distribute the team workload and provide reports documenting activities against the program plan.
- Review and initiate system improvements related to purchase and coordinates with key users
- Deploy maintenance processes of master data driving the various purchase processes
- Ensure purchasing data accuracy and integrity
- Define requirements for a globally consistent reporting platform for purchasing under compliance and efficiency aspects, implementation planning, and implementation.
- Provide support to manage purchasing standard operating procedure upgrades and ensure that all functional processes are defined, documented, maintained, communicated, implemented, and assist to train and coach the team on operational and technical processes.
- Develop and drive quality on existing and new processes and monitor operational controls for continuous improvement to align with purchasing strategies and policies.
- Be the key point of contact for escalation processes by applying a comprehensive understanding of operational practices, procedures, and internal controls to identify areas of improvement.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
What will you bring to PSS?
- Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in working in a global purchasing or sourcing organization
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant professional experience and five years of relevant procurement/accounting experience
- Knowledge of SAP
- Language Skills: Excellent proficiency in English (oral & written)
- Willing to travel 20-30% of his/her working time
We will be glad to offer you
A challenging role in a true multicultural and innovative environment. We encourage new ideas and work together as one team.
We believe in ownership giving you the chance to develop your career and talent to your full potential.