At Premium Sound Solutions (PSS), we develop and produce world-class innovative sound solutions for automotive and consumer applications. You may not have seen us; however, we are producing more than 90 million loudspeakers …. a year! Loads of cars and consumer products contain speakers from us. So maybe you find us in your car or at home, while listening to your favorite song.
We are a fast-growing and sustainable global company that strives for a good work-life balance, invests in training and career development and values integrity, teamwork, sustainable innovation, and leadership by excellence. Premium Sound Solutions employs more than 3500 people in product development and state-of-the-art production facilities. You will find R&D departments in Belgium, China, Germany and offices and production facilities in Belgium (Dendermonde), Germany, Hungary, Malaysia, China, USA and Mexico. For our Global IT Team in Dendermonde and China, we are looking for a Functional Application Manager (FAM) Logistics.
As the Functional Application Manager (FAM) Logistics you are responsible for the development and operational continuity of the IT applications in logistics. You have a good understanding of logistic processes in a manufacturing context, preferably in automotive. Together with the implementation partners, you translate business requirements into working applications, while taking into account technical capabilities, total cost of ownership, usability, security and continuous improvement activities.
- Apply your knowledge of end-to-end supply chain and warehouse flows to deliver optimal solutions in SAP and other applications. You understand the concepts of inbound and outbound flows, just-in-time, KANBAN, batch management, labelling, intercompany shipments, cross-docks, traceability, etc.
- Work closely with business process owners and key users to capture, analyze and understand functional requirements and build working flows, applications or reports together with the IT teams and integration partners. You have a sufficient understanding of the involved hardware such as printers and scanners, applications, databases, interfaces and required master data models.
- Together with the EDI integration partner you coordinate the setup of new EDI flows with the automotive OEMs and 1st Tiers. You create and execute test flows to ensure in-time delivery of the interfaces. You manage EDI intake in collaboration with the EDI partner, sales and logistics departments globally.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams with team members of all sites globally. Prepare team meetings, manage tasks and deliverables in close collaboration with the project manager to ensure on-time and in-budget delivery of the requested functionality. Travel on-site to ensure the solutions are properly implemented and executed.
- Track, log and solve issues and incidents in the ITSM application. Offer 2nd and 3rd line support together with the software vendors and the infrastructure team. Improve self-support across the organization by providing work instructions, trainings and certifications in all PSS plants globally.
- Understand and apply IT policies in depth to deliver solutions in line with the IT strategy, architecture and security. Reuse existing IT assets and align data models to existing applications and data sources.
- Have a thorough understanding of application features and licensing schemes, maintain relationships with the vendors and integration partners and keep up to date with market and technological trends.
- Ensure 24/7 critical system up-time, possibly also out of the working hours, monitoring and support together with the IT infrastructure team.
Qualifications and skills
- Master in Logistics, Supply Chain management, Business Administration or similar by experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in functional analysis for Logistics and EDI.
- Adequate understanding of generic business processes and operations in a manufacturing context as well as IT technologies and applications are a must. Experience in the automotive industry is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP, EDI standards (VDA/ANSI/EDIFACT/Odette), WebEDI, scanners, label printing and barcode standards and the Microsoft technology stack.
- Strong interpersonal skills to mobilize stakeholders at all levels of the organization on all sites globally.
- Willing and able to travel on a project base.
- Good communication skills. Flawless oral and written English is a must. Dutch, Spanish or Chinese is a plus.
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven team player in a global and multicultural organization
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual. Come and join our Global IT team with inspired, supportive, and motivated colleagues. You will have a challenging role in a truly global and innovative environment. We offer a competitive salary package with benefits including company car, meal vouchers, bonus plan, company pension plan and a hospitality insurance for you and your family.
Together with all your PSS colleagues, you will shape the future of sound.
We are looking forward to meeting you…