At Premium Sound Solutions (PSS), we develop and produce world-class innovative sound solutions for automotive and consumer applications. You may not have seen us; however, we are producing more than 90 million loudspeakers …. a year! Loads of cars and consumer products contain speakers from us. So maybe you find us in your car or at home, while listing to your favorite song.
We are a sustainable company that strives for a good work-life balance, invests in training and values integrity, teamwork, sustainable innovation, and leadership by excellence. Premium Sound Solutions employs more than 3000 people in product development and state-of-the-art production facilities. You will find R&D departments in Belgium, China and offices and production facilities in Belgium (Dendermonde), Germany, Hungary, Malaysia, China, USA and Mexico. For our R&D Department in Dendermonde, we are looking for a Material/Chemical Engineer.
What will you do for us?
The main activity is focused on the research and development of our electro-acoustical premium products.
As a Material/Chemical engineer, you will focus on:
- Building expertise and competence ownership for materials
- Scouting the market for competitive solutions
- Input towards PSS strategy and roadmap for materials in electro-acoustic applications and products
- Developing new and innovative materials for premium speaker and electro-acoustic products
- Improve our product and manufacturing leadership for quality, environment, safety and cost.
- Execute and improve experiments and procedures to release solutions as part of the innovation & product development cycle
- Participating in the innovation & product development cycle for premium speakers and electro-acoustical products for assigned customers
- Support purchasing in technical discussions and securing solid purchasing & quality agreements
You will also have an environmental focus:
- Track components and materials in the International Material Data System (IMDS) for automotive customers
- Tight follow-up on compliancy (European, global, customer specific) from product point of view
- Environmental release of parts
What will you bring to PSS?
- Master degree required in chemistry/chemical engineering
- 3-5 years of experience required in an industrial environment
- Laboratory experience
- Knowledge of: Material and composition detection techniques, Material properties
- Affinity with and knowledge of the following subjects is an advantage: Plastics, Glues, polymers and polymer compounds, Rubber, textiles and foams, Metals, IMDS, REACH
- Active oral and written English required, passive Dutch, French or German are a plus
- Outgoing personality that can work independently, takes initiative and is creative, is good at taking responsibilities; broad interest
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual. Come and join our R&D team in Dendermonde with inspired, supportive, and motivated colleagues. You will have a challenging role in a true multicultural and innovative environment.
Together with all your PSS colleagues, you will shape the future of sound.
We are looking forward to meeting you…