At Premium Sound Solutions (PSS), we develop and produce world-class innovative sound solutions for automotive and consumer applications. You may not have seen us; however, we are producing more than 90 million loudspeakers …. a year! Loads of cars and consumer products contain transducers from us. So maybe you find us in your car or at home, while listing to your favorite song.
We are a sustainable company that strives for a good work-life balance, invests in training and values integrity, teamwork, sustainable innovation, and leadership by excellence. Premium Sound Solutions employs more than 3000 people in product development and state-of-the-art production facilities. You will find R&D departments in Belgium, China and offices and production facilities in Belgium (Dendermonde), Germany, Hungary, Malaysia, China, USA and Mexico. For our R&D team in Dendermonde, we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer.
What will you do for us?
Your main activity is the mechanical design of innovative sound solutions for automotive applications.
As part of the global R&D center in Dendermonde, Belgium, you will be responsible for:
- Creation of mechanical designs which meet customer requirements, target cost & project milestones
- Active support to PCP-project team, study team and customer team to solve product related issues
- “Quality first time right” preventive check of relevant design & avoid hard tool changes
- Support RFQ teams with as goal to achieve new business
- Fast and active support to customer requests, build up & maintain a good relationship.
- Discuss & optimize feasibility of the designs with suppliers and PSS production.
- Escalate lessons learned to design rule coordinator.
- In time & accurate documentation of your work. (Drawings, R2S, RFP, DFMEA, Consolidation package, Change Note, Change proposal, Design rule checklists, Reports)
- Support training programs for new engineers
What will you bring to PSS?
- Your passion for mechanical design, your team-oriented mindset, and your capacity of working independently
- Your Academic/Professional Qualification: Master’s degree in product design, mechanics or electro-mechanics
- Your Expertise/Skills:
- Tolerance stack-up & GD&T
- Office tools
- 3D CAD software
- Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Plastic design (material, tooling, injection moulding)
- Metal stamping
- Your strong communications skills in English (both written and spoken), Dutch is a plus.
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual. Come and join our R&D team in Dendermonde with inspired, supportive, and motivated colleagues. You will have a challenging role in a true multicultural and innovative environment. We can offer the possibility to work 50% at home. By offering you more flexibility, our aim is to enable everyone to work in a way that best facilitates productivity, work/life balance and collaboration.
Together with all your PSS colleagues, you will shape the future of sound.
We are looking forward to meeting you…