At Premium Sound Solutions (PSS), we develop and produce world-class innovative sound solutions for automotive and consumer applications. You may not have seen us; however, we are producing more than 90 million loudspeakers …. a year! Loads of cars and consumer products contain transducers from us. So maybe you find us in your car or at home, while listening to your favorite song.
We are a fast-growing and sustainable global company that strives for a good work-life balance, invests in training and career development and values integrity, teamwork, sustainable innovation, and leadership by excellence. Premium Sound Solutions employs more than 3500 people in product development and state-of-the-art production facilities. You will find R&D departments in Belgium, China, Germany and offices and production facilities in Belgium (Dendermonde), Germany, Hungary, Malaysia, China, USA and Mexico. For our R&D team in Dendermonde, we are looking for an Acoustic Engineer.
Are you our next Acoustic Engineer?
What will you do at PSS?
You will work on bringing the next generation of loudspeakers from concept through to production.
- You are part of an enthusiastic project team and together, you develop new audio transducers for the automotive or consumer market.
- You lead the acoustic design and architecture of the transducer and all its sub-components.
- As a transducer engineer, you can use all our toys for audio girls/x/boys: Comsol, Klippel measurement equipment, MATLAB, state of the art 2pi and 4pi anechoic chambers, prototype labs, validation labs, 3D printers, listening studio’s, tuning tools, and much more.
- You will be responsible to simulate, develop, prototype, measure various transducers which meet the customers specifications. All the way from customer request to mass production start.
- Next to measuring loudspeakers, critical listening to your designs is as important. In our studio’s, you have the possibility to evaluate your prototypes before taking them to the next stage.
- Your hands on mentality will allow you to fully understand your own speaker designs and improve their performance.
- You will be part of a European team of 15 acoustic engineers with various nationalities, we will make sure you feel at home. At PSS, we give you freedom to explore your innovation skills.
- You may have to travel from time to time to customers, suppliers or our worldwide production facilities.
What do you bring to PSS?
- In the acoustic department, we are passionate about loudspeakers. We would eat them for breakfast if we could! We would like you to be as passionate about loudspeakers as we are!
- We don’t expect you to know everything about transducer engineering. We have a large knowledge base which we want you to absorb and apply. You will get the time to learn and grow. Are you already up to speed? Even better!
- Holding a bachelor or masters in electronics, electromechanics, physics or acoustics is a plus. Did you follow other paths to build up your knowledge, don’t hesitate to tell us about your skills!
- As a speaker enthusiast, you sure are experienced in measuring and evaluating speakers.
- Experience in DIY loudspeaker building, loudspeaker simulation and/or FEA expertise is a plus
- As we are an international company (20 nationalities in our Belgium office only), communication is key. We expect you to be a good communicator in English, both written and verbal.
- You are passionate about sound, solutions oriented & an analytical thinker.
- You are a team player, challenging and helping your colleagues to excel!
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual. Come and join our R&D team in Dendermonde with inspired, supportive, and motivated colleagues. You will have a challenging role in a truly global and innovative environment. We offer a competitive salary package with benefits including company car, meal vouchers, bonus plan, company pension plan and a hospitality insurance for you and your family. You will have the possibility to work 50% at home. By offering you more flexibility, our aim is to enable everyone to work in a way that best facilitates productivity, work/life balance and collaboration.
Together with all your PSS colleagues, you will shape the future of sound.
We are looking forward to meeting you…because PSS sounds better with you!